Advertise here

Saturday 17 January 2009

This weeks featured Artist is ArtisticAccentsEtc


..." I have always been an artistically inclined since I was 2 years old (so I am told!) I am half native American and started beading jewelry at pow-wows in Baraboo Wisconsin whenever I could drive up there from Chicago at the age of 19. I felt at peace when creating and all the problems in the world seemed to disappear. I let it go for a while and lived it up socially when I turned 21. I went to Florida to visit friends when I was 25 and literally bumped into a psychic lady on St. Petersburg beach. Just like the movies, she was old...strange...mysterious. She told me I should have a business in "the arts or a craft" and only then would I feel fulfilled and this would bring me much success...I have not looked back since. I started to create my own jewelry in polymer clay. I purchased a glass pendant at an art festival in Chicago and was hooked. I have been creating glass full time and steadily (16 hours a day 7 days a week..LOL) for about 4 years now. I try to make each glass piece its own art scene and really concentrate on the element of design. A lot of my design ideas come from dreams and flashes in my mind and I cannot sleep or move on until I get them sketched out on paper. Nature combined with color inspires me most. I am so detailed with my visions that it often can take up to a week and 6 or 7 firings to complete just one piece. Funny how it turns out...almost 10 years later since I met that old woman on the beach, my husband has been offered a job in St. Petersburg Florida and we are re-locating there in April...and I have never been happier. We plan to open up a studio where I can hopefully teach one day. If you would like to purchase something from Tanya of ArtisticAccentsEtc you can click on this link or the picture.

No comments: